Getting a smart home is everyone’s dream. But to create one you need home automation devices to work everything in your favour. Home automation is a technology that includes a set of devices like smart switches, smart bulbs, smart bulbs, smart washers, smart plugs, and many more smart electronic devices to transform your non-functional home into a functional one.
The one-word answer is home automation. But home automation is a technology that is in vogue. One can easily create a smart home by buying smart home appliances and devices that work on home automation technology.
Building smart homes is a trend that will stay!
- Take control of your house when you are at home and also when you are not at home
- Unlock the real potential through a simple mobile app
- Wash your clothes at your comfort with a gentle swipe of a finger.
- Optimize the temperature of your room with a smart electronic article precisely a smart thermostat.
- Monitor and control the lighting of your room with a single smart bulb without the need to buy a bunch of simple bulbs emitting different lights.
- Smart clean your house when you are away with a cool smart vacuum cleaner
What more do you need to complete the entire setup for a functional home?
- Smart home ecosystem: It is the 1st and most important step of getting a functional home. Once you are done selecting Amazon or Google. This step defines the voice assistant you select, and which IoT gadgets will operate with your system as a result. If is it is too much you can easily opt for IoT devices that are compatible with both brands, but that can create a lot of confusion. So, it’s best you zero in on one. The next step is to purchase a compatible speaker or smart display to run smoothly.
- Control protocol: Most IoT gadgets operate best with Wi-Fi, so if it is your 1st time, then well you can 1st start with Wi-Fi, it is easy and less complicated. However, if you are familiar with this technology then there are other options as well like ZigBee or Z-wave.
- Product types: If you are in the mood to make your simple home into a functional home that too rooms by the room, you have to decide what all you need to add in that too room by room like smart switches, smart hub, smart lights, smart washer or smart thermostat.
- Brands: Look for a brand that offers better security, great performance, and a smart deal.
- Devices: As you need to transform your home into a smart home, you need a lot of items, so it is best that you buy in bulk rather than in pieces. And most companies do give discounts when you buy in bulk.
- Installation: Most of the IoT devices require free installations but some may charge you like Vivint and ADT, which require professional installation for their smart security systems, so make sure to include them in the cost of installation, if applicable
- Customize settings: Once you have done doing the above-mentioned steps, we come to the last part of the guide where we could easily dim lights, change the colour of lights according to your mood, set timers.
What kind of smart home devices you can invest in?
- Smart lights: These are very affordable and can be used to dim light, change colour or even blink according to the beat like cute disco lights.
- Smart switches: Get better control of your fans, switches, and other electric items with a gentle swipe of a finger.
- Smart hub: A smart home hub is a piece of hardware or software that connects and controls devices on a home automation network. Smart home hubs, which may connect to the internet locally or remotely, are beneficial for the internet of things (IoT) devices that use the Zigbee or Z-Wave protocols or Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi.
- Smart washer: Set your washing machine remotely with your mobile phone application. It is a cool gadget where you can set everything from washing to remotely switch to dryer mode. The very best among the best.
- Smart thermostat: It is used to schedule temperature settings based on the room temperature, weather conditions, cooling needs or heating needs of your household.
- Smart Locks: Provide entry and exit to your home without the need for a physical key.
- Smart security cameras: Security cameras let you see what’s going on at home from a mobile application; you’ll also be notified of motion or people, again, depending on the camera’s AI.
- Smart speakers: It effectively plays your favourite music, or answers your question by understanding your voice commands and visibly controls your home through the virtual assistant feature.
Are you sure you are buying the right product?
Yes, it is necessary to counteract this argument. Because at the end of the day you don’t buy items in bulk that work not-so-perfectly and are a kind of unnecessary for your home. So you need to pay attention to these simple points:
- Take care of security: Security with a home automation device is always a daunting task. So, you need to pay attention to the small details like buying smart locks, surveillance cameras to capture any movement to break into your house.
- Cost estimation: You must ensure that the fees you are paying are one-time installation or a monthly subscription. A good brand will always be transparent.
- Go through privacy policies: However, uninteresting they are, it is always important to go through their privacy policies to avoid last-minute ambiguity.
- 24*7 services: A company that has its customer support is the best provider. Because you may need support in the wee hours of the morning or late nights, the provider where you buy your products must be available to offer emergency solutions at all times.